Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Catching Up

So once again, life has been crazy, so I haven't posted anything for awhile, but I have a bit right now so I will try to play catchup.

Work

Last week I made the switch from night shift to day shift. The first couple of days were super rough, but I survived them (only because I had a week off). I had worked Thursday night, and then I had to be there Sunday morning. Saturday night I really don't think I slept at all, so I was tired, but it was even worse Monday. I was a walking zombie. Also, I discovered that when I am that utterly sleep deprived, I have ADD. I really could not focus on anything. I felt so bad for my patients. I don't think I had really charted anything until four. Totally not cool.

However, I worked yesterday, and things went significantly smoother. I even got up at 9:05 this morning. I think that may be the earliest I have gotten up in months. I think this whole getting up before noon might actually be a good thing after all. :)

Art Exhibit

There was a traveling art exhibit at the art museum at the U entitled "From Monet to Picasso." I thought it sounded like fun, so my best friend Karen and I went to see it last week. While there were no "waterlily" paintings or "Starry Night," it was still enjoyable.

Attending art exhibits was one of my requirements for graduating with honors from BYU, and I have gained a great appreciation for great art. Some day I want to go to Europe and see all of the amazing art that is over there, but until then, I will make an effort to visit the many museums that are around me. Utah really does have quite a bit of culture for being out in the middle of nowhere, so you should take advantage of it.

Labor Day

I made my annual pilgrimage to Francis Frontier Days this weekend. It was quite enjoyable, and I was able to see my friend Laura at Church. The only downfall is that my dad was the Rodeo Chairman once again (I think he has been the chairman almost every year for the last fourteen years or so) and my mother is the Town Clerk, so I was assigned various tasks from program folding to ticket taking. The ticket taking was actually kind of fun because I say quite a few people I haven't seen in awhile, but I did miss a bit of the horse pulls and the bull wars, which kind of stunk. Plus there was a monsoon Monday, so I looked horrible, but it's all good. I will try to post pictures from the Ring of Fear, but I have to wait until my mom emails them to me.

That's all for now. I will try to post more often, although I think that Shannon is the only one who reads this, and she is back in school, so.... yeah, I don't know if anyone will actually look at this.

1 comment:

Chas and Ashly Johnson Family said...

Hi Megan
I am glad you are checking out our blog. I think it is on every computer at work so I can show off my little guy. I have been getting home call a lot but I need to stop because I need money. Days are harder but sleeping at night makes up for it. I think it makes you a better nurse too. You have to work with the Doctors and more happens during the day. :) Anyway, Work will get easier and easier. Glad you like it enough to stay. :)

Ashly