Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Sunday Drive

This past Sunday, Kevin and I went on a drive up a canyon in the South Jordan/Herriman area that connects to Tooele. Kevin had been up here the previous day with his friend, Alex, and wanted to show the area to me. I had no idea that you could even drive over the mountains into Tooele, although I should have guessed because Utah is full of small little roads in the mountains, but this road was actually paved, which is rare. When we got to the top of the paved road, we decided to turn onto a dirt road that seemed to go further up the mountain. When we got to the top, we realized that the drive was well worth our time. First of all, we were directly above the Kennecott Copper Mine. I never really fathomed how huge it really is. It seems to stretch forever. We could also see from what was probably North Salt Lake or Woods Cross down to Alpine and Highland, and possibly more. We could also see the Draper, Jordan River, and Oquirrah Mountain Temples. Salt Lake had too many lights so we were unable to find the Salt Lake Temple. To further perfect-ify (yes, I realize that I just made up that word) the view, there was lightning in the mountains across the valley that lit up the whole sky. It was breathtaking. Hopefully, we will find another excuse to drive up there or another equally beautiful part of the mountains.

I think that I have seen far more sights in the Salt Lake Valley since meeting Kevin than I ever have before. Hopefully we will see even more.

No comments: