Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, August 6, 2010

Riding Free

Kevin's dad recently bought a motorcycle, and Kevin has been bugging me about going on a ride with him since before the motorcycle was purchased. As I have a bit of a scaredy-cat nature, I just kept telling him no. I had also seen victims of motorcycle accidents during my clinicals at the U of U neuro floor, and I knew I didn't want to end up like that. However, on Sunday he told me we were going to ride his dad's motorcycle, and he didn't really give me a choice. I'm glad he didn't.

Even as we were getting on it, I was still nervous, and I remained that way for a while, but then I started to relax and realized that I was having fun. We went on a fairly long ride, which took us to Daybreak, and then out to Copperton. The only part of the trip that was not fun was the fact that every time we went about 35 mph, the wind would catch my helmet visor, and I would feel like I was going to blow off. My face also felt very exfoliated by the wind, and my but was completely numb by the time that we were done.

I have never been all the way into Daybreak, so it was fun to see all of the houses. It seemed like we had gone back East because they seemed to be like "back-in-the-day" type of houses, except you could tell they were new. Much better than the same boring vinyl siding split level houses that seem to dominate Utah. However, despite how cute the houses were, I don't think I could live out there because the houses are too close together and have tiny yards. When I upgrade to my next house, I would like more acreage, perhaps even enough for a goat. J

In contrast, it was fun to see the houses in Copperton because they truly were old. Most of them looked like they were from the 50's or 60's, and they had a lot of character. One house even had a historical site plaque on it. I also loved the park there, it had huge trees and just looked like a nice place to relax. I like the look of Copperton because it reminds me of Kamas, but it is much closer to Salt Lake and the conveniences that holds. When we were looking at houses, we almost looked at one in Copperton, but the previous owners of our house decided that they were in fact going to sell their house.

In all, the trip was fun, and I am looking forward to the next time that we decide to go for a ride.

1 comment:

Gary and Alycia said...

We love Copperton too!! That park is our favorite!