Last Sunday, I was craving ice cream. I kept telling myself to ignore the cravings because ice cream makes me sick since I am lactose intolerant, but they would not go away. Finally around 7:30ish, I decided to give into the cravings and have a little bit of ice cream. When I opened the carton up to dish it up, the ice cream was soup-like. I quickly felt the ice packs, and they were melted as well. After grabbing Kevin to confirm my findings, we came to the conclusion that our fridge was dead. We had inherited it with the house, and I think it was the original fridge, so it was almost ten years old.
We grabbed all of our freezer stuff, and put it in our downstairs freezer. All of the fridge stuff was taken to Kevin's parents' house. We ended up saving most of our food, but some of the stuff we just threw away because it was old, almost gone, or cheap (eggs). That was about all we could do Sunday night, so I went to bed disappointed that I could not take my normal lunch to work since it requires refrigeration, but thank goodness for peanut butter and honey sandwiches and cans of fruit, otherwise I may have not been able to eat. (It is hard to guess when you are in the nursery whether you will have time to go downstairs for food, or if the nursery is going to be full when it is lunchtime, or if somebody can relieve you for lunch.)
Monday after I go off work, Kevin and I went to Lowes and found our new fridge. It is a stainless steel side-by-side with ice maker. It is bigger than our previous fridge and much nicer too. Plus, it hasn't been through two previous families, one of which may have possibly not believed in cleaning.
Here is a picture:
San Diego Reunion
2 weeks ago

1 comment:
I like it! Looks classy.
Post a Comment