Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, December 18, 2010

La Caille

Yesterday our friends Alex and Kate were married in the Salt Lake Temple. This is the first marriage sealing I have been to besides our own. It was a cool experience.

After the ceremony and the pictures, we reconvened (I like that word.) at La Caille for the wedding luncheon. It was delectable. Before everyone arrived, the servers were passing out drinks and coconut shrimp skewers. I had some very yummy hot cider, and after trying a shrimp, I decided that they were actually kind of good. We started off our meal with a roll and salad, which were both good, but the roll was very hard on the outside, which made it difficult to follow the rules of etiquette while eating it. (I finally gave us and just buttered it and picked it up, everyone else at our table did as well.) For my main course, I had a chicken dish. It was to die for. I have never had such tender chicken before. It was almost like eating fish because it just fell apart in your mouth. It tasted good too. My main dish also included sun-dried tomatoes, which I have never had before. I had expected them to be kind of dry, but they were still quite juicy. To top it off, we had a tart, brownie, and crème brulee. All were very yummy, and I have rediscovered that I like burnt sugar, although the crème brulee tasted much better than my elementary school science experiments which resulted in burnt sugar. All in all, it was amazing, and I hope I can find some way to get another free dinner there. I am pretty sure that neither Kevin nor I want to pay that much for dinner.

1 comment:

Gisela-David said...

We went to La Caille a few years ago, when my friend Gabby got married. They had a rehersal dinner that night before. It was lovely! They had us out back in the green/garden house? The food was so yummy and we were very amused that their butter was shaped into rosebuds-- haha! (especially David) They only thing that was a bit freaky was all the peacocks on top on the roof and tree tops making noises and swooping down.