Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, July 3, 2011

New Pet


Recently Kevin has developed an interest in cacti. I posted earlier about his two cacti that he found while coyote hunting, and those two cacti have only further sparked his interest. 

About a week ago we went to Walmart. Kevin made a beeline to the garden center to peruse the cactus selection. He had really wanted a yellow barrel cactus, and luckily he found one that fit the description, so we bought it.

Now that it is hot, Kevin is putting the cacti outside so they can get lots of sun. However, a few days ago we had a torrential downpour. Kevin had asked me to go out and save them, but I told him that I didn’t want to drown either. So he posted on Facebook that I wouldn’t go save his cactus. After a while I started to feel guilty, so I did go out to save them. It was not an easy process. I had left the sliding glass door open, so I could make it back in more easily. However, in the 30 seconds it took to grab the pots, the floor was totally saturated. Wet floors and flip flops are incompatible, and I totally biffed it and face-planted it. Luckily I didn’t hit the table or anything else with my head, but I did drop the cactus and somehow got a cactus pokie in the hand. It drew blood and hurt for a few days. I was not a happy camper at this point, so I wrote Kevin and semi-angry/mostly frustrated text message that he promptly added to his previous Facebook post. Oh, the joys of having your frustrations posted for the whole world to see. 

But anyways, here is the “deadly” cactus:

No comments: