Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Memorial Day


I was able to go home for Memorial Day. Unfortunately, my dad and Kevin did not join us in Tabiona, but it was fun to spend the day with my mom. Our first stop was the Francis Cemetery. My grandpa’s and uncle’s graves seemed bare this year. Normally, my grandma would put two or so potted flowers on their graves, but all we had were my parents’ flower on each grave. (Unfortunately, I forgot the camera, so all pictures are from my phone, and I do not have a smart phone, so a little bit worse quality than usual.)



We also stopped in Heber to put a mum on my mom’s uncle’s grave, but I didn’t get a picture of that. We kind of got a late start, so we arrived in Tabiona after everyone else, but they were just starting to put flowers on the graves. Apparently, we kind of went overboard on mums this year. 


We also got a family photo while we were there:

Back: Lynette, Megan, Lorena, Randy, Judy, Marlene, and Valerie;  Front: Janet, Leonard, Ashley, and Weldon

 


 
After we finished decorating the graves, we were off to North Fork for our picnic up in the mountains. If I were to move to the middle of nowhere, I think I would want to live in Hanna. It is beautiful and tranquil. We enjoyed a yummy dinner of hot dogs and various salads and desserts. I was creative and bought a seven layer dip at Harmon’s prior to heading to Kamas. 

As we had a feeling that this would be my Uncle Weldon’s last Memorial Day, lots of pictures were taken, here are a two of them:

Weldon and his sisters, Marlene and Lynette (my mom)

Weldon and his kids, Leslie, Lorena, and Leonard


My parents inherited my grandma's dog. She was still having a super hard time being without my grandma. She would actually cry and whine at night (which led to her being relocated from my bed to my parents’ bed the night before). It was quite sad. She is doing much better now, although she has taken to barking (or yipping) at 3:00 in the morning. My parents are a little fed up with their unwelcome wakeup call. She is either asleep or camera shy in this picture:


No comments: