Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, October 26, 2009

House Update

I am getting closer and closer to becoming a home owner. My house inspection was today, and it went much better than it did last week. The main problems were cosmetic due to the sellers not taking care of the house, but I was aware of that. It is structurally sound, which is nice.

I will have to replace the paint, carpet, and most of the appliances. Kevin and I went window shopping for those things, so that I could get an idea of how much it is going to be. For the appliances it is going to be about $2200 because I have to replace everything except the stove, which may need replaced, but currently it is not broken, nor are the owners taking it with them. I'm not sure how much the paint and carpet will be because we mainly were checking out colors. I think I like the subtle multicolored carpets in either blue, green, or dark tan-ish. It sounds kind of odd, but the carpet samples were pretty cool. I'm not sure what colors I will use for paint. I want to paint the kitchen a pale yellow, but Kevin hates that, and since he may someday be living there, I should probably choose a color that he doesn't detest. I have a few weeks to decide what exact colors I want because I won't close until the middle of November, so hopefully I will be able to make up my mind by then.

It's crazy to think how close I am to realizing my year-long dream of owning my house.

No comments: