Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Expanded Job Description


Recently I was informed that I was selected as one of the “guinea pigs” for the new Level II/Transitional Nursery at work. I say guinea pig because only two of us were selected, and we are the ones who will get to discover what does and doesn’t work with our new format. I am excited for the change and I am excited to learn more about babies and focus on them rather than bouncing back and forth between the nursery and postpartum. Babies are what I enjoy the most out of the various things of my job.

While we will be doing a lot of the same things as we are doing currently, we will have more responsibilities. Our largest responsibility is that we will be attending all of the healthy baby deliveries. I am excited about this. I think that was my favorite part of my Labor & Delivery preceptorship back when I was in school. So far, I have enjoyed attending deliveries, and I have found that they are not nearly as terrifying as I thought they would be.

My training has mostly been spent in the NICU, and I have loved that. I have mostly been following a nurse around and helping her with her cares, except when there is a delivery or a more exciting procedure going on. I have been exposed to a lot of new experiences in the past few weeks. It has been amazing. I love to learn, and all of the NICU nurses have been great teachers. Someday I would like to work in a NICU setting, and this experience has helped to solidify that desire. I don’t know when that will happen, but at least I know that I will most likely enjoy it because so far I have been in heaven.

No comments: