Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Goals Update


Another three months (and then some) has passed since I update my progress on this year’s goals.

Exercise
First off, my resolve to be more healthy. So far this year, I have logged 6040 minutes of exercise and 138.66 miles (between machines at the gym and walking outside). I am feeling a lot better, and I am at a weight that helps me feel that way. I have started jogging, which was something that I didn’t think I would ever have the motivation to do, but I am enjoying that. I feel like my walks are more productive when I get some jogging in. I am at 120+% of my time goal, which is always good, but that also means I have that much higher to achieve next year, but I am sure I can do it. Through my efforts since the beginning of the year, exercise has become an essential part of my day, although there are days like today that I just don’t feel like it, but that is perfectly okay.

Early to Rise
The getting up earlier is going a lot better too. I am now working on 7:10, so that is a huge improvement over where I used to be. Now that Kevin has to get up at 5 every day, we go to bed a lot earlier, so that definitely makes it easier to roll out of bed. I am still having a hard time getting up early enough that I can clock into work prior to 6 am. When you know you get there early enough to be okay, it is hard to feel motivated to get up sooner so you can be a few minutes early. Plus, if I got up earlier I would feel less rushed, and I could actually enjoy my scripture reading before work. Speaking of which, I have now made it a goal to read at least a few verses of the Book of Mormon while I eat breakfast. I haven’t made it very far, but I haven’t missed a day in a long time.

Book of Mormon Challenge
I wrote earlier that the bishop challenged the youth and their leaders to read the entire Book of Mormon before the end of the year. Although I no longer have the privilege of being in Young Womens, I decided to complete the challenge because I am always open to receiving blessings. Currently I am on page 268, which is almost the halfway point. I am a little bit behind of where I should be according to my own reading schedule, but I feel that I am doing well. I have been marking the words/passages that relate directly to the Savior, which is helping to focus my reading. I truly love the Book of Mormon, and despite the fact that I have read it numerous times, I am still amazed at how many of the verses seem new to me. As I have been reading it, I am also struck by how the intricacies of the writing help solidify my testimony that this is a true book, and it was inspired by God. There is no way an uneducated boy could have written it. Plus, I have experienced the peace and warmth that comes from reading it. If you haven’t read it recently, I challenge you to reread it.

That is all of the goals I feel like sharing at this time. The others are either too personal, or else they reveal my OCD side. So, until December…

No comments: