Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Announcing the Newest Prause!



No, it’s not a baby, but we did expand our family and we are now a family of three. On November 5, 2011, we adopted Luna. She is a purebred, registered boxer with the tongue-twister name to prove it (Luna Galaxy Dust). We found her on KSL. Her previous family was moving to the United Arab Emirates, which is apparently not a dog friendly country, so they were looking for a good home for her.
 
I was at work, so Kevin went to look at her by himself. He really liked her, but feared that she would be too crazy for me. (I am more of a poodle person.) I told him that I wanted to decide for myself, so after work, we drove to Draper to take a peek at her. She was kind of crazy, but once she calms down, she is quite the loving dog. She sort of reminds me of Tootsie, the Border Collie I had growing up because they can both be crazy, but loving at the same time.

Fortunately I did not work until Thursday last week, so I was able to stay home with Luna a help her ease into life at our house. This is good, since three to four days a week she is home alone for over nine hours.
 
While I was home with her, we went on a few walks, which she seemed to really enjoy. I am hoping to whip her into shape so she can go on jogs with me once spring is here. It was fun to take my own dog for walks because that wasn’t something we ever did with Tootsie (mostly because we never went on walks). Her biggest problem is that she likes to pull on the leash. She hasn’t quite figured out that it is okay to walk at a nice gentle pace.

Last Monday, we took her to Petsmart to get some toys. We got her a stuffed soccer ball and a knotted rope with two tennis balls on it. She seems to love both. The store on the other hand was quite the adventure. She was so excited that she was slipping and sliding all over the place. I guess we need to work on having a calm demeanor while in public.

She is pretty good while we are at work. The only casualties have been two of our blind slats and the door leading to the garage. She really likes to look out the window. However, she doesn’t like it too much if another dog walks by. I think it is the only time we hear her bark. I have even heard a few quiet howls. She gets in trouble for both, as well as growling. I guess when we aren’t home, she tries to jump out the window to get them because she manages to mangle the blinds if we don’t have them up high enough. Thus, we make sure they are up. With the garage door, it looks like she is trying to get out to find us while we are gone. She even manages to lock the deadbolt. However, she manages to scratch the door to pieces.

Overall, she is a very good addition to our family. She is quite loving, and although she does do a few things wrong, overall she is very well trained. She fits so well into our family, it feels weird to think that she hasn’t always been here. I am looking forward to many more years with her in our home.

1 comment:

Amy said...

She reminds me so much of our boxer Brock. Just reading of the things that she does brings back so many memories of him mangling our doors and blinds. She will be a great addition to your family. We had Brock before we had kids and I was worried once we started having kids that he would hurt the kids. He was so good with them. He was their protector. He was the best dog! I miss him.