Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, May 25, 2013

Grad School Update



I have successfully made it through another term. While my policy class was definitely not a favorite, I ended up doing quite well in the class, in spite of the fact that I wrote the paper that accounted for a majority of the score in two days. I gained an appreciation for the policy process, and while I don’t think I have a career in policy making, I think it is important to understand the process to have a greater amount of patients for those who are involved in the policy process.

My next class is Professional Relationships in Advanced Roles, so far the curriculum seems to consist of material to helps us decide what we want to be when we grow up, as well as how we want to perform that role. There are two papers involved; one where I interview someone who is acting in the role I hope to go in and the other is about my goals and where I see myself in ten years. In some ways this sounds easy, but in other ways it is hard to write a personal scholarly paper. 

This is also my last class before I start the nurse educator specific classes. While the generals have been frustrating at times (not as much as generals at BYU sometimes were), I have learned a lot that I believe I can apply to my future role as a nurse educator. However, I am excited to start the nurse educator specific classes, especially advanced pathophysiology. I loved my patho class at BYU, and I am assuming that this class will spark similar emotions. I will keep you updated.

No comments: