Last Saturday (May 4), rather than devote my entire day to
homework, Kevin and I decided to go on the Utah reef tour, which is basically
an event held by the Wasatch Marine Aquatic Society where you can go into
people’s houses and see their salt water fish tanks. We first went to see a
tank in Murray. It was about a 300 gallon tank, stocked full of coral and
beautiful fish. It was quite impressive and beautiful. They also had some
awesome shih tzus (Kevin now wants one for our next dog.) and Swedish Fish
(awesome delicousness). When I wasn’t looking at the tank, I was sneaking
Swedish fish one at a time. The host even got a picture of me eying the Swedish
fish bowl.
Picture from http://www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=64189&PN=3&title=2013-reef-tour-blog-lets-get-this-party-started
We went to two other houses in West Jordan after the house
in Murray. One had a tank that seemed small (it was actually over a hundred
gallons, but after seeing the previous tank, it wasn’t as impressive) and the
corals were in the early stages of growth, but the tank was a bit bigger and
the corals more established.
I’ve always enjoyed salt water tanks, and we figured at some
point we would get our own, but we thought it would be a ways down the road. I
worked the day after the reef tour. On my way home, Kevin kept telling me that
he had a surprise for me. He wouldn’t give me any clues, so I didn’t know what
to expect, and I really did not expect a salt-water tank to be sitting on my
kitchen table. That is about as far as we have gotten so far, but at some point
in the future I will have pictures of salt water fish to share with you.
Here is a link to pictures of some of tanks on the tour if
you would like to look. These are in Weber and Davis County. I couldn’t find
any, other than the one above, of the tanks we saw.


No comments:
Post a Comment