Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, January 10, 2011

Bye Bye Dodge

In the spirit of buying and selling cars, Kevin also sold his Dodge Dakota last Friday.

Kevin bought the Dodge when the engine on the Evo blew up last winter (around February or March) for $750. It was a 1993 and red, although a few rust spots were making an appearance. It had a camper shell on it and over 200,000 miles. Despite the high mileage, it was pretty dependable. The biggest problem with it was that the 4 wheel drive did not work at all. I even drove it a few times when Kevin had to have my car to work on it or go on a trip.

We were able to get $500 out of it, which was good considering that the transmission was acting funny. However, we were able to double our investment of it (and then some) because a girl ran into Kevin on State Street right before our wedding, and her insurance paid Kevin over a $1000 in damages (which weren't fixing). I'm not quite as sad to see the Dodge go as I was the Evo, but it was still a pretty good little truck. The biggest problem with it being gone is that I forget where we live because I am so used to seeing it parked on the curb. I'm sure that time will fix that problem too.

No comments: