The Evo is officially gone. Kevin traded it in on December 27. I have mixed feelings about it being gone.
In a way I am glad that is gone because it was beginning to be a money hole because it kept getting holes in its engine. In the two years I have known Kevin, he has rebuilt it twice. It all adds up. It also goes way too fast, and I was always convinced that the paramedics were going to have to scrap us off of the highway. Fortunately Kevin is a good driver.
But I am sad that it is gone because it holds so many memories. You could say that it is the reason Kevin and I met and eventually got married. I thought his car was hot, so I decided that I would get a ride from him, which sparked an interest for each other in both of us. It also took us to Washington, although it also ate up a quarter to half of the trip because everything was rattled loose when it was tuned on the dyno. We took many other drives in it that are memorable. Most of our "hanging-outs" revolved around it as well in the beginning part of 2009 when Kevin was putting it back together after the first engine blew up.
Another reason I am sad about selling it has nothing to do with memories. I just liked how nice it looked. We always got admiring looks when we drove in it. Not really something that you get when you drive a Grand Am.
However, selling it was the best option right now. Kevin wanted a truck so he could go driving in the mountains. Plus, it had a good-sized monthly payment that ate away at our finances. Someday, maybe, we will have another red sports car. Until then, we will just enjoy our truck.

No comments:
Post a Comment