Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Budding Baker

Kevin was a very generous present giver this Christmas, as he gave me a silver Kitchenaid. It came at somewhat of a surprise, but it was very appreciated. It arrived via UPS one evening prior to Christmas as we were watching TV. Kevin told me that I had to open it then, rather than wait until Christmas. I think this was mostly because he wanted to use it to make the pumpkin bread we hand out at my family Christmas party.
 
However, I beat him to the baking, and proceeded to whip up three batches of pumpkin bread. I was quite proud of myself. I don’t love cooking, let alone baking, so I felt like it was a bit of an accomplishment. 
 
I’ve never made pumpkin bread before, and whenever I have made kiwi bread, I have just enough for one bread pan, so I thought that was how pumpkin bread work also. However, I soon learned that I should have put the batter in two pans instead of one. Despite this really full pan, the loaf did turn out quite nicely, even if it took almost two hours to cook. Luna must have thought it was nice too, because this is what Kevin sent me in a text message:
In my defense it was pushed to the back of the counter and in a plastic bread bag. Apparently someone has learned to jump. The biggest portion of the bread is that brown lump by the towel, but she pretty much spread it across the kitchen floor. I was pretty excited to eat that loaf of bread, but alas it was in the garbage when I came home from work.

I guess at least she is cute, and most of the time she does not tear our house apart.

2 comments:

Kate & Alex said...

Man, I want one of these. Maybe someday when I have counter space...

Amy said...

That brings back so memories with our dog Brock. I had a whole bowl of turkey I had just cooked. We went to the store to get a few things. We were only gone for 15 mins. We came back and he had ate the whole thing!!!