Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Christmas


I did not have to work this Christmas (since I worked the entire Thanksgiving weekend, well except Sunday because three in a row is torture enough), so we were able to go to my parents’ for Christmas. 

The Thompson Christmas party fell on the 23rd this year, so we headed up there Friday after I finished with the chiropractor and a facial (I’ve decided to take care of my face better and my back. Both are much happier now.) We pretty much arrived in time to head right to Oakley. The whole clan was there, so it was the normal chaos, complete with a really fat wiener dog. The highlight of the night was the borderline lecture we got my 20 year old cousin about our lack of munchkins. It was quite entertaining. Apparently we are ancient and need to have kids soon before we die of old age. At least we have a dog now, so at least we are moving slowly in the right direction. 

Everyone’s reaction to Luna consisted of questioning why we got “such a big dog.” I come from a family of miniature dogs, unless they are used for herding or hunting purposes. Which speaking of miniature dogs, the poodle does not approve of Luna. She just shook and tried to hide. Luna just looked at her like she was some kind of weird thing. So much for wanting a picture of the two of them together.

Christmas Eve consisted of a lot of lounging around. I did help my mom with some cleaning and other stuff, but I was pretty successful at clearing out my inbox and google reader cue. Kevin and my dad, on the other hand, spent the day cleaning out the shed, so the lambies have a nice clean place when they are born in a few weeks. Kevin again reaffirmed that we are never having sheep or goats. I’ve pretty much given up on the sheep, but I still want some goats when we someday become rich and can move to Kamas and have our house by a river in the woods (Not sure of the best location for that, maybe Weber Canyon?) We had our traditional ham slice dinner, then opened our present since we had church and the family Christmas party the next day.

Luna’s Christmas Eve Photoshoot

Luna excited to celebrate Christmas

The mean dog pose. Maybe she is sick of being a model?
Nope not another Luna mess, just an exhausted dog after all of those presents.
On Christmas Day, we woke up, ate breakfast (some sort of sausage thing), then went to Church. It didn’t really feel like Christmas Day since there were no presents involved, but we really didn’t have time with Churc and everything. After Church we went to my Aunt Dixie’s for dinner. There were only two Thompson families, instead of the usual four, so there was much less chaos. After dinner, we headed back home so we could celebrate with Kevin’s family.

We had Hawaiian Haystacks for our second dinner at Tiffany and Shane’s. A touch untraditional, but it was still really yummy. After dinner, we opened presents. A large majority were Milo’s, but we all had a pretty good haul. Luna even got a present from both sets of our parents, which I thought was quite nice.
Grandma & Grandpa Rees  and Milo

Milo makes a good wall to hide behind

Milo & Tiffany

Milo in his bouncy chair
 
After the present opening, it was time to go home as I worked the next day. Joys. All in all though, it was a really good break from the normal grind and it was fun to be reminded of the “reason for the season” in Church.

No comments: