Today we took Luna in to the vet to get fixed. I’ve been
dreading this day since we decided to get her fixed a few weeks ago. I don’t
want to deal with the mess of her being in heat, but I also don’t want to cause
her pain. I think the worst part was dropping her off and seeing her in a
kennel. She had already been sedated so she wouldn’t let me pet her through the
door of the cage. I know it was probably because she was confused and sleepy,
but it didn’t make me feel any better about dropping her off.
Everything went well
in surgery, but she is staying at the vets tonight so they can observe her and
make sure she has no complications. Even though we have only had her for a
couple of months, it feels really quiet and empty without her here. Before we
got Luna, I would have never guessed that I would be one of those people who
fell so in love with an animal. I really enjoyed Sissy and Tootsie, the dogs I
had when I was younger, but I think the fact that Luna is constantly around
when I am home endears her to me more. I look forward to seeing her tomorrow
night when I get off work. Hopefully she doesn't feel too sore and crummy, but I'm not expecting her normal walking sideways frantic butt waggle for a while. At least until she feels better.

1 comment:
Aww, you'll be surprise, they bounce back pretty quickly. There's a reason why dog is called mans best friend - they're your furry babies.
Post a Comment