Kevin and I were able to take a much needed break in May. We
decided to head south and enjoy some sun. We left on May 15 and came home on
May 21. To prevent a super long post and help me get everything caught up, I’m
going to write about this vacation the same way I did about Lithuania and break
it up into smaller sections. I promise there will not be as many posts this
time.
Day 1:
Whenever I go on vacation, I like to have the day before off
so I have plenty of time to pack and do laundry, as I don’t like to be stressed
while preparing to recreate. I had planned to spend all day Tuesday packing,
but we ended up leaving that day. After attending Zumba that morning, I spent
the rest of the day packing. Once Kevin came home, we loaded up the truck and
took Luna to Kevin’s parents’ house. They dog-sat for us, which we were very
grateful for. Fortunately, she didn’t cause too much havoc, just a minor attack
on a geranium in Glenda’s back yard.
While we didn’t leave as early as we had
hoped, we were able to make it to Salina by 7:30ish. Kevin showed me his parents’
new rental house and took me to dinner at a diner in Salina. We spent the night
at the Aurora house (Kevin’s parents’ have a rental there too, and they have
kept the basement for themselves.) We had halfway hoped to make it down to
Zions this day, but I do admit it was nice to sleep in a bed, rather than a
tent.

No comments:
Post a Comment