Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, October 12, 2012

Brigham City Temple



On September 14, Kevin and I went to the Brigham City Temple Open House. The temple of course was beautiful, and I enjoyed seeing it. This was the first open house we have been to since we were married, and it is a bit different when you have a better idea what goes on inside the rooms you are looking at. 

After we enjoyed our cookies, we headed over to Smiths to buy some pie for our dinner with our fish friends Dane and his wife. We had quite a bit of time to kill so we explored Brigham City. We even drove a little ways up Sardine Canyon. We found quite a few yards that I was quite jealous of. Someday I will have time to garden, or at least stay on top of the flower gardens I have.

We had pizza and chocolate pie at Dane’s house. After we ate, Kevin and Dane went downstairs to look at Dane’s gun, while Dane’s wife and I stayed upstairs and shared hospital battle stories. All of the sudden we heard a very loud boom, followed by silence. After a few stunned seconds, we ran downstairs where we found a bewildered Kevin and Dane. Dane’s gun had accidently gone off, and Kevin had shot a hole in the basement ceiling and into the trimboard around the front door. Fortunately the only thing injured were their eardrums. Fortunately, they are easy going people, so we think we might get another invitation to visit them sometime.

Shortly after this eventful happening, we called it a night and headed back home.

The next weekend we had the opportunity to attend the temple dedication at our stake center (it was broadcast there). I had it a priority to have that day off, and I am glad I did. Temple dedications are just so spiritually uplifting. I just like the feeling I have when I attend, it just reaffirms my love for the temple and my testimony of the ordinances that take place there. Now if it could give me a newfound dedication to actually go more often, that would be ideal.

No comments: