This past week (October 5-12), I had the opportunity to take
a nice little break. Back in August, I was starting to feel a bit frustrated
with work, so I knew I was starting to burn out and needed a break. I have
become pretty good at hording my PTO (Although it wasn’t hard because for most
of the year I have been in the NICU we seldom got home call.), so I took a
couple of days off last week and just relaxed.
Luna and I went up to my parents’ house for conference
weekend (Kevin had some tasks he wanted to accomplish plus some hours to make
up at work, so he stayed home.). It was really nice to just hang out with my
parents. Luna even behaved herself, at least mostly. She did discover that she
finds Sissy’s food quite appetizing. I’m not really sure how much Sissy
actually ate while we were there. However, other than the food theft, they got
along quite well. It was also nice to sit and watch conference without the
worry of a certain hound going missing like what happened in April. We also
went to a family chicken fry up Weber Canyon.
Monday, was unfortunately spent on writing a paper, which I
had procrastinated, so that day was not very relaxing (other than the massage I
got in the morning). However, I did get an A- on the paper, so that is always
exciting. Fortunately, I quickly finished the rest of the reading for the
class, so I was able to spend time doing other activities rather than just
homework. I actually accomplished a fair amount of stuff on my to do list. It
felt pretty good. I still would have loved to accomplish more, but that is
always my sentiment.
It was bittersweet to go back to work, but having a break
does renew my energy, which was important because I’ve had a rough five days. I’ve
worked 56+ hours in the past five days (It is sad how long it took me to
calculate that. Fingers were used.). I don’t do stuff like that, but I do have
six days off to recuperate. While it won’t be as cushy as my staycation (as I
am just starting a class rather than finishing it), I am looking forward to it.

No comments:
Post a Comment