Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Fish Update

To avoid a novella like the previous fish post, I’m trying to update a bit sooner, rather than let months lapse.

Last Friday (April 19, 2013), our friends Dane & Alisha brought down four fish we bought from them, two peacock bass and two Oscars (although the Oscars kind of just got thrown in for free because Dane didn’t want them anymore). Another Utah fish forum member came over as well because Dane is fish-sitting for him while he tries to breed two of his really rare peacock bass. As Alisha said, it was a fish-geek get-together.

It amazes me how quickly I am getting sucked into this fish craziness. I honestly used to be terrified of fish because I had a traumatizing incident with a fish skeleton when I was younger (plus, those incidences with the dead fish on the floor at Walmart…), and I always thought I was scarred for life, although some it could be due to my highly dramatic nature. Then I met Kevin, and now I am almost as bad as he is. I am very attached to the fish, and I get rather upset when he sells anything other than the babies. So I guess I am almost as hopeless as Kevin, although I am okay not buying any more fish until they actually turn into a money making enterprise.

Anyways, without further ado, here are some pictures of our new fish. Unfortunately, I didn’t decide to take pictures until after dark, so they aren’t the greatest quality, but you get the general gist.

First the Oscars (they are kind of goofy): 


The bass (The dark was really not nice to them, they are actually much better looking in person.):
And finally, here are some pictures of Jack and the Texas hiding. Jack is slightly terrified of the bass, so he pretty much lives in this flower pot, at least until Kevin rearranged the tank a few days ago. Now the poor guy has to find a new hiding spot.

No comments: