Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Refinance



A few weeks ago, I received a text from Kevin suggesting we look into refinancing our house through Discover Card. A coworker had recently refinanced her home and informed Kevin that Discover Card employees didn’t have to pay any closing costs. That was one of the things that was holding us back was the closing costs. So Kevin looked into it, and we started filling out the application. Last Monday (April 15), we closed on our loan. It was much different than when I originally bought the house as we had a traveling notary, so everything was done in our kitchen. It was a lot nicer than having to drive across the valley. 

One of the things that excited us about doing our home loan through Discover Card was the opportunity to pay our mortgage with our card and get 1% cash back. That would be a lot cash back added up over 30 years. Unfortunately, Discover Card sold our loan to Wells Fargo. I guess at least we did get a 1.75% interest decrease, and our payment is like $140 or so less each month, so I will try to not miss our many vacations I was planning to pay for with our cash back.  

No comments: