Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, June 3, 2011

Flowers


We have been noticing a bit of color around our house…

 A couple of months ago, Kevin was coyote hunting and instead of finding any coyotes, he found a couple of cactuses. He brought them home and potted them. We thought this one was going to die because he was unable to retain most of the root system, but as you can see it is doing well.
 Last summer I bought a hanging pot full of petunias. As winter approached we took it downstairs and left it there. I'm really not sure why, but when Kevin went spied it about a little more than a month ago, he noticed that it was still alive, so he brought it upstairs, and we started to water it and it started to bloom. It has even more blossoms now than in this picture. I didn't think petunias were that hardy, but I guess I was wrong.
 Kevin and I were at Costco during our first Christmas season together (we had been dating for a month) and they had a large pallet full of poinsettias. He bought one for me and his mom. While three of the four plants have died, I am pleased that I have kept it looking this good. Kevin had wanted me to throw it away two years ago, but I am glad that I was stubborn and kept nursing it back to life. It gives me a sense of accomplishment that I have kept a poinsettia alive for 2 ½ years. Plus, the poinsettia is special because it is the first present Kevin gave to me.
I found this in our flower bed. Before it bloomed we thought it was a daffodil. I love how we are surprised every spring by flowers popping up. Hopefully, I will be able to plant more perennials to join it next spring.

No comments: