Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, June 3, 2011

Goals Update

Since it is already June, I figure it is time for a goals update. As I have mentioned before, I decided that I needed to make some health related changes. So far I have been doing okay.

As far as my exercise goals go, I am meeting (and exceeding) my goal to have a quality workout on 50% of my days off (which don't include appointments before noon, and I am almost meeting my goal to exercise in some form 75% of my days off (this includes on-call days, home-call days, days I have appointments…). To further satisfy my yearning for statistics, I am also tracking my total minutes and mileage. So far I have spent 2,723 minutes (45 hours or almost two days) exercising and between walking and the machines in the gym, I have gone 70.17 miles. I am currently on track to meeting my exercise time goal for the month (120 minutes/week), plus the 70 miles makes me feel like I am accomplishing something cool.

I have enjoyed seeing the results of my renewed commitment to exercise (as well as counting calories). I vacillate between 12 and 14 pounds lost and I have lost 3.5 inches around my waist. I feel between, and for the most part, I have more energy, plus I like that my clothes fit better. I have about 7 more pounds I would like to lose, but I have already gotten rid of the weight I gained from eating most of our wedding cake and other wedding goodies. (Kevin doesn't like frozen cake, and I can't throw anything away.)

I have also been doing a little bit better on getting up earlier, which helps me accomplish my goal of exercising more. On my days off I am currently trying to get up at 7:45. Even when I don't do that, I get up shortly after 8, which is better than I used to do.

Getting up on time for work is a little bit sketchier. I am trying to get up at 5, but unfortunately I know that I can still arrive at work by six if I sleep in an extra 10 minutes. However, I always feel rushed and I am unable to read my scriptures prior to work. I think that is what I need to work on the most because it will help decrease the hectic-ness of my morning.

No comments: