Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Flea Market


One of my main objectives in going to Lithuania was to get a pair of boots. I have two pairs of boots, but neither of them are good for winter. One pair has no lining, but it feels safe to walk on ice in them, while the other has lining, but has a heel (ironically I got this pair from my 96 year old grandmother a few years ago). I have been in the market for boots for about two years now, but the price just makes me gag. Then Kevin told me I would be able to find cheap boots in Lithuania, so once we decided to go to Lithuania, I stopped looking for boots here in hopes I could find some on our vacation.

Apparently the best place to find cheap stuff is at a flea market. My mental picture of a flea market involves tents and people missing a few teeth. The flea market we went to did not fit my mental picture. It was a huge complex of buildings which had little shops in them. Some were enclosed like stores in a mall, while in other parts, only a curtain separated the booths. They had all of the clothes, shoes, furniture, and anything else you could imagine. All in one place, all for a much better place than you could find in America, or even the other stores in Kaunas. Plus, everything seemed to be of good quality.

We went to a variety of shoe stores and looked for boots. I found two pairs that I liked, but alas, one was too big and the other too small. The weird thing was that one was a size 36 and the other a size 37. Apparently I need a 36.5 or else their sizes were not uniform.

I was kind of bummed with my lack of boots when we left, but I did find a new dress for me. It is what I like to call "a grown-up dress." It has a white blouse with a ruffle-y neckline and a black jumper type dress. Most of my dresses are remnants of my college years (and in one case, freshman year of high school), so I've kind of wanted to update my look on Sundays and look more leader-like rather than blend in with the girls (while I like to look younger than I am, I would rather not look like a junior high girl).

In all, I thought my first trip to the flea market was a success. Now I've just got to bit the bullet and buy my boots this winter. My feet will thank me.

No comments: