Uzopio is an interesting section of Vilnius. According to Ramūnas it was where the artists and more liberally minded people live. Another unique characteristic of this area is that one day a year it becomes its own independent republic. You have to show your passport and everything to enter. Kevin did so while he was on his mission.
According to Ramūnas, when people get married, they place locks on the bridge going into Uzopio. The other side had locks too.
Uzopio even has its own constitution. Kevin was unable to get it in one picture, so the next five pictures are the constitution. Some of their rules, or whatever, are kind of funny, so I would encourage you to try to read them. Little details like those below, which we found carved onto the buildings are what make Uzopio unique.
I like the look of the old buildings in combination with the cobblestone. I find it romantic.

No comments:
Post a Comment