Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Vilnius Cathedral


After meeting up with Ramūnas, our next stop was the Vilnius Cathedral. The Vilnius Cathedral, or the Cathedral-Basilica of St. Stanislaus & St. Ladislaus, is the main cathedral in Lithuania. As such, it is almost fully restored to its full splendor. It was definitely breathtaking. Once again Kevin tried his hand at videography, but this time he completely forgot to take pictures of the interior. I guess we will have to go back, so that we can get some more pictures.

As we walked through the cathedral, I almost felt like an intruder as people were worshiping. However, I'm glad that I had the opportunity to see these beautiful places of worship. It is amazing to think how old these structures really are.

Here are the links to the videos on Youtube. Just remember that Kevin is just learning how to use our camera for videos. The first three are short 20 second clips of the interior, and the fourth is of the porch area.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JAjInamPxY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qxwxd0s3Zk0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6uwEbQUbDs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKACWhUqclE

http://youtu.be/mqVftq5H0po 

The last one is a long video (about 12 minutes), but it goes throughout the exterior and the interior. You might want to turn your sound off because it picks Kevin's breathing up very well, but there are some parts where we talk that might be helpful. Near the end, you can see the doorway to the crypts. We wanted to go down there, but you have to call ahead to schedule the tour. We went to the visitors' desk, but she told us we had to call, which was impossible because our phones didn't work in Lithuania. I guess next time we will know better.

No comments: